$3996.67 - $5995 per month
Vinings (Cumberland Blvd)
Delta Community is one of the largest and fastest growing credit unions in Georgia. Our rapid growth has created additional career opportunities within the organization. We are looking for energetic, flexible, and service oriented individuals for the following position.
The Mortgage Underwriter is responsible for analyzing and underwriting credit and collateral documentation related to residential first and second mortgages. The Mortgage Underwriter must apply knowledge of Fannie Mae and **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. underwriting guidelines and compliance regulations to ensure documentation quality and acceptable risk levels. This role is an instrumental part of the mortgage loan process since a Mortgage Underwriter is responsible for decisioning loans to facilitate meeting closing deadlines, member expectations, and established service level standards of **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***..
Practices safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
* Thoroughly evaluate the accuracy of submitted documentation pertaining to the loan application, credit, income, assets, subject property, loan to value, ratios, and loan terms
* Review the application and information in the Loan Origination System for accuracy to ensure program guidelines are met
* Request documentation necessary to complete the loan submission or to qualify for the loan program
* Utilize Fannie Mae DU or manual underwriting methods in reviewing loans
* Approve, deny, or issue a counter-offer on loans in accordance with terms and conditions related to credit or collateral underwriting
* Effectively communicate loan decisions and requirements to a Home Loan Processor and/or Home Loan Specialist
* Review and clear all prior to closing loan conditions
* Provide responses and documentation to cure Quality Control audit findings
* Maintain current knowledge of policies, guidelines, compliance, mortgage insurers, investors, Fannie Mae, and **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***..
* This description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
* This job description is subject to change at any time.
Basic/Ideal or Required Minimum Qualifications:
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* 3 years' mortgage credit and/or collateral underwriting experience
* Extensive knowledge of Fannie Mae guidelines and use of DU underwriting system
* Knowledge of federal regulations including but not limited to: TRID, RESPA, HMDA, ECOA, FCRA, FDPA, REG Z, and TRID
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
* Team and goal oriented
* Strong analytical, mathematical, and decision-making skills
* Self-starter, self-reliant, dependable, ability to work within and meet specific time constraint
* Complies with all Credit Union policies and procedures including those related to Bank Secrecy Act regulations.
* Bachelor's degree in business or related field
* Expert knowledge of mortgage lending programs including Conventional, FHA, VA, and various industry investor mortgages
* Prior use of Encompass Loan Origination System within the last 3 years
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required: