AVP Casualty Underwriting Manager','180005YN','!*! Zurich is seeking an AVP,
Casualty Underwriting Manager for our office in San Francisco, CA. (We will
also consider basing the position out of our office in Los Angeles, CA.)
As our AVP, Casualty Underwriting Manager you will have the chance to manage an
underwriting unit (5-6 direct reports), usually comprised of two or more
market-facing sub-units, to aid in making appropriate underwriting decisions.
We are seeking someone with leadership skills, a strong market facing presence
and experience with Casualty Lines and Loss Sensitive accounts.
High Level Influencer Externally Focused - The job’s core deliverables rely on
influencing or negotiating with external contacts on strategic impact matters.
Relationships typically involve persuading or countering opposition, often with
vendor representatives or senior management level customers.
Casualty Underwriting Manager is responsible for:
• Manage market facing underwriters who
proactively seek renewal and new account opportunities.
• Identifies new growth opportunities with key
distributors for areas of responsibility.
• Ensure that accounts are qualified, and meet
with the organization's appetite, balanced with sound business opportunity.
• Along with underwriters in areas supervised,
make agents/broker/customer and on-sight calls with a planned and well-prepared
• Oversee negotiations of Terms & Conditions
and closes deals.
• Ensure cross-sell within areas of
responsibility to increase product density with the account.
• Provide continuous coaching on sales best
• Mentor staff to develop strong broker and
client networks as related to industries underwritten by Business Unit.
• Monitor Sales Funnel and Production Metrics of
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 7 or more years of experience in the
Underwriting or Market Facing area within the Commercial Insurance
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 14 or more years of experience in the
Claims or Underwriting Support area within the Commercial Insurance
• Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 5 or
more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area within the
Commercial Insurance industry
• Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 12 or
more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area within the
Commercial Insurance industry
• 2 or more years of management experience
• 25% travel
• Bachelors Degree
• Advanced knowledge of Casualty product lines and loss sensitive accounts
• Strong broker/customer relationships
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent skills in relationship building
• Strong presentation skills
• Results oriented
Imagine working for a company that truly cares
about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve.
Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and
desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world.
Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across approximately 200 countries
and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect
what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that
takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the
best global insurer in the world.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment
agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American
Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency
Portal for resume submission.','United States-California-San Francisco','United States-California-Los Angeles','Full-time','Yes, 25 % of the Time','Yes','Yes','07/12/18','Ongoing','','AVP Casualty Underwriting Manager