UFG offers you an award-winning workplace and a trustworthy, financially stable company. While we've always known our commitment to employees and financial stewardship, it is good to have others recognize our dedicated efforts. UFG was also included on Forbes' America's Most Trustworthy Financial Companies list for both the third year in a row. Additionally, UFG is a super-regional property and casualty insurer rated A (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company.
Most important, UFG can offer you a work environment where you can easily see yourself in the big picture from day one. You become part of a successful team that works together to do great things. In addition, we believe in supporting our employees by providing a great benefits plan and allowing our people to develop flexible work hours that align with their personal schedule.
As a senior commercial lines underwriter you will be working at an awarded Top Workplace. Here is how you will spend your days: Putting your underwriting and marketing skills sets, along with your strong negotiating ability, into daily practice within the insurance realm. You will use your analytical skills to make sound risk selection and manage a commercial underwriting territory. of $8 - $12 million. Your marketing skills will assist you to build strong relationships with agency personnel and provide excellent customer service. As a solid negotiator with agents and customer service technicians, you will work hard to attain the positive results of premium growth and acceptable loss ratios. In addition, your leadership skills will be used to train new underwriters and approve risks within your authority for junior underwriters.
This position can be located in our regional office in Westminster, CO or throughout the Rocky Mountain region in a work-from-home arrangement.
* Obtain and manage a book of business
* Evaluate insurance coverages
* Review applications, endorsement requests and renewals for requested limits and coverages
* Price the risk and secure its proper class
* Negotiate with agents and customer service technicians to develop a saleable product without adverse selection to the company
* Regularly visit agents to maintain strong relationships and market products and services
* Provide guidance and coaching to other underwriters
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Four-year college degree preferred
* Completion of AU designation and striving to achieve CIC or CPCU program
* 5 years commercial lines underwriting experience, with risk evaluation skills and solid insurance contract knowledge
* Strong analytical thinking
* Strong communication, leadership and negotiating skills
* Strong planning and organization skills with the ability to multi-task; and a willingness to accept challenges and take appropriate risks