Third Federal Savings & Loan
$19.50 to $
The Third Federal Underwriting department is looking for an experienced residential mortgage loan underwriter to join the organization as an Underwriter I or II.
Job responsibilities include evaluating all facets of a borrowers profile to ensure the borrower(s) align with Third Federal and Fannie Mae lending guidelines. Daily tasks include calculating income through paystubs, tax returns, or other documentation, reading and understanding the borrowers credit report to determine credit worthiness, and assessing the collateral through a comprehensive review of the property appraisal. This position will focus primarily on the processing and underwriting of loans originated for sale to Fannie Mae, so an understanding of Desktop Underwriter (DU), familiarity with the Fannie Mae selling guide, and experience working with Fannie Mae is imperative. Applicants must possess strong analytical skills, the ability to troubleshoot complex situations, a willingness to make tough and decisive decisions, and be comfortable working in both individual and team settings.
Making loan decisions in accordance with Third Federal and Fannie Mae underwriting guidelines.
Making loan decisions based on a thorough review of all pertinent documentation (income, credit, collateral).
Ensuring compliance with Third Federal and secondary market investor standards.
Defending the credit quality and integrity of all Third Federal loan originations.
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* 3 to 5 years of recent residential mortgage loan underwriting experience.
* Excellent analytical skills.
* Excellent critical thinking skills.
* Ability to make quick and decisive decisions.
* Solution orientated with ability to problem solve and troubleshoot complex issues.
* Ability to work in high volume department and keep pace with underwriting guideline changes.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Ability to multi-task.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to articulate rationale and methodology used in loan decisions.
* Experience underwriting loans in accordance with the Fannie Mae selling guide.
* Strong leadership qualities with willingness to train others.
Third Federal is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, gender identification or sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status or any other classification protected under law.
Third Federal Savings & Loan
Website : http://www.thirdfederal.com
We're Third Federal Savings and Loan. We're known for giving our customers the lowest rates on loans and the highest rates on savings. We believe in putting our customers first and creating value for the communities we serve.