Bank of America Corporation
Perform all underwriting tasks for commercial loan requests to high net worth clients of Global Wealth and Investment Management, which includes US Trust Private Wealth Management and Merrill Lynch. The position includes provision of structuring advice to sales teams and credit partners, completion of customized credit approval packages, pricing models, approval memos and other standard documents, and management of the documentation process to ensure on-time loan booking.
The ideal candidate can analyze commercial risks and identify mitigants, recommend risk ratings, exposure strategies, credit structures and sponsor recommendations through the approval process. This role interfaces with client teams, risk, structured credit, servicing and legal partners to support the timely delivery of the credit process to our market partners and clients.
Primary duties include underwriting and obtaining credit approval for commercial loan products to clients of Global Wealth and Investment Management.
• Candidate must be able to underwrite and prepare written loan approvals
• Experience in small business or commercial loan underwriting preferred
• Must be familiar with commercial lending products (yacht, commercial real estate, fine art, hedge funds and unsecured lending)
• Analyzing and spreading personal financial information and tax returns and evaluating debt capacity
• Negotiating loan structure, covenants and loan documentation according to creditworthiness, collateral and risk appetite
• Commissioning and analyzing due diligence including personal, legal and collateral-dependent
• Managing multiple deals simultaneously and different constituents depending on deal stage
Extends credit to and monitors loan portfolios of private banking clients. Works closely with private banking relationship managers in structuring loans to meet the clients’ requirements or in reviewing credit standards. Typically works on smaller or less complicated loan or credit product transactions and under guidance of management or senior staff. Possesses some loan approval authority.
• College degree preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting or economics preferred
• Strong financial analysis, accounting and credit skills
• 2 to 5 years of commercial credit experience
• Strong negotiation skills
• Clear and concise communication skills. Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build business partnerships with risk, services and client teams who may not be co-located
• Highly prefer a candidate who is commercially credit trained
Charlotte, NC, ONE BANK OF AMERICA CENTER, 150 N COLLEGE ST,
- United States
Full / Part-time
: Full time
Hours Per Week
: 1st shift
Bank of America Corporation
Website : http://www.bankofamerica.com
Bank of America Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides various banking and financial products and services for individual consumers, small and middle market businesses, institutional investors, corporations, and governments in the United States and internationally. The companys Consumer & Business Banking segment offers traditional and money market savings accounts, CDs and IRAs, checking accounts, and investment accounts and products, as well as credit and debit cards; and lending related products and services, working capital management, and treasury solutions. This segment provides its products and services through operating 5,100 banking centers, 16,300 ATMs, call centers, and online and mobile banking platforms. Its Consumer Real Estate Services segment offers consumer real estate products comprising fixed and adjustable-rate first-lien mortgage loans for home purchase and refinancing needs, home equity lines of credit, and home equity loans. The companys Global Wealth & Investment Management segment provides investment and brokerage, estate and financial planning, fiduciary portfolio management, cash and liability management, and specialty asset management services; and retirement and benefit plan, philanthropic management, and asset management services. Its Global Banking segment provides various commercial loans, leases, commitment facilities, trade finance, real estate and asset-based loans, and consumer loans; treasury management, foreign exchange, and short-term investing options; and debt and equity underwriting and distribution, and merger-related and other advisory services. The companys Global Markets segment offers sales and trading services for securities and derivative products in primary and secondary markets; market-making, financing, securities clearing, settlement, and custody services to institutional investor clients; and risk management products. The company was founded in 1874 and is based in Charlotte, North Carolina.