International Casualty Underwriter II','1800047M','!*! Zurich is currently looking for an International
Casualty Underwriter II for our Commercial Insurance Division for the Midwest
Region. The position will be based out of our office in Chicago, IL.
As a member of Zurich's International Underwriting Team you
will enjoy the opportunity to fully apply and hone your underwriting and
marketing skills. Specifically, you will underwrite and analyze new and renewal
large international casualty business under general direction, utilizing The
Zurich Way of Underwriting Framework within a broad level of authority on
assignments of higher technical complexity ensuring a high level of service to
customers – this includes loss-sensitive and alternative risk transfer
solutions. This is a market facing position and you will work with all classes
of business from soft occupancies to industrial/manufacturing risks with a
portion of your portfolio dedicated to the Energy sector.
Client Externally Focused - The job’s core deliverables rely on delivering
service to external clients and/or customers. Typically involves building
relationships and promoting the company.
Our International Casualty Underwriter II is responsible for:
• Proactively seek renewal and new account opportunities.
• Complete detailed opportunity assessment with key distributors to identify
• Qualify accounts to meet with the organization's appetite, balanced with
sound business opportunity.
• Make agent/broker/customer and on-sight calls with a planned and well-prepared
• Negotiate Terms & Conditions and close deals.
• Cross-Sell other lines of business to increase product density with the
• Participate in Sales Team meetings as related to assigned brokers and/or
• Proactively engage in the target account process, managing a qualified list
of opportunities 90 to 120 days prior to effective date.
• Update required systems with details of broker/client visits and account
status within specified time frame.
• Serve as key contact for assigned target accounts.
• Develop strong broker and client networks as related to industries
underwritten by Business Unit.
• Calculate Target Price accurately by utilizing underwriting tools
• Measure exposure/analyze risk.
• Initiate product development ideas.
• Assist in training and developing staff.
• Provide expertise on coverage and claims issues while working within our
programs and guidelines.
• Contribute to development of u/w manuals, programs and guidelines.
• Recommend and place facultative reinsurance.
• Develop and lead marketing presentations to new and current agents/brokers.
• Promote the organization's products and services in order to increase
penetration within our broker network.
• Ensure the successful completion of projects by maintaining continuing
dialogue with business unit sponsors during implementation of major projects.
• Diagnose and develop recommendations to solve unique business unit and
• Business Travel, as required.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 3 or more years of experience in the
Underwriting or Market Facing area
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 6 or more years of experience in the
Claims or Underwriting Support area
• Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 1 or
more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
• Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 4 or
more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
• Knowledge of Casualty line/s of business and the legal and regulatory
• Knowledge of time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
• Experience with Microsoft Office
• Bachelors Degree
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience underwriting large international casualty accounts
including energy accounts
• Experience underwriting loss sensitive accounts including large
deductible, retro and captive plans
• Strong broker relationships established in territory
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their
employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve. Imagine working
for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the
best global insurance provider in the world. Zurich is that place where 55,000
employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on
helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to
them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we
do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment
agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American
Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency
Portal for resume submission.
','United States-Illinois-Chicago','','Full-time','Yes, 25 % of the Time','No','No','06/12/18','Ongoing','','International Casualty Underwriter II