Southwest Selective Search
Home Office Specialty Underwriter
Job Description Southwest Selective Search is a recruiting firm that specializes strictly in the insurance industry. Since 1989, we’ve helped companies find the superstar talent they need to stay as competitive as possible, and we’ve helped candidates enhance their careers by matching their talents with the top companies in their insurance field. Do you have integrity and a desire to learn? We have an exciting new opportunity available with a leading insurance carrier. We are seeking a motivated Commercial Underwriter to join their home office in a key underwriting and business development role. At Southwest Selective Search, we have relationships with some of the biggest and most successful companies in the insurance industry and work to help those companies hire the best candidates available. We also have the knowledge and expertise necessary to help you achieve your career growth.
Job Responsibilities As a Specialty Commercial Underwriter, you will profitably manage a substantial book of business through risk selection, underwriting, and price decisions within your designated authority. You will perform effective agency and policyholder contacts and some personal visits. You will serve as the primary point person for all relationship management activities for assigned agents. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Handle assigned WC and Specialty submissions on an individual risk basis
Research and develop selection, pricing, and coverage for assigned products
Assist Regional Offices in the pricing, processing, approval and handling of commercial accounts, including the placement of reinsurance
Coordinate compliance with individual state underwriting rules and regulations
Audit Commercial Lines Underwriting files and books of business
Develop and coordinate Underwriting Systems, procedures and workflow
Provide outstanding service to internal and external customers
Complete training assignments for internal and external personnel*
Complete projects on time and to the satisfaction of the requestor*
Home Office Specialty Uderwriter
Job Requirements As a Commercial Underwriter, you must have a high degree of integrity in all actions. You must demonstrate a desire and willingness to learn using internal and external resources. Additional requirements include:
• Minimum of 5 years experience in Work Comp underwriting and/or 5 years experience in other commercial lines preferred*
• Possess a positive, professional, cooperative and quality-conscious service attitude that upholds the core values of integrity, relationships, and excellence of the company.
• Proven analytical and quantitative skills*
• Ability to interact effectively with individuals and other departments*
• Ability to effectively present information and make recommendations in written and oral formats*
• Experience and understanding of Reinsurance quoting and placements*
• Be a self-starter capable of working with a minimum of supervision*
• Be able to plan and organize effectively, working on multiple tasks/projects at one time*
• Evidence of professional development accomplishments*
• Available for travel as required*
• Prior experience working with PC applications and spreadsheets desirable, but not required
• Bachelor's degree preferred
Superior Benefits, relocation assistance, and much more for the selected individual.
Southwest Selective Search
Website : http://www.swselectivesearch.com/
Southwest Selective Search is a recruiting firm that specializes strictly within the insurance industry. Since 1989, we’ve helped companies find the superstar talent they need to stay as competitive as possible, and we’ve helped candidates enhance their careers by matching their talents with the top companies in their insurance field.