Allied World Assurance Company
The Surety Assistant Underwriter is responsible for the implementation and coordination of the Surety business model as directed by the SVP- Surety. This position will work independently and in concert with the VP of Surety handling all office administrative needs, as well as assisting Surety Department Management and underwriters with various duties. The position will expose the employee to all aspects of a Surety operation with potential for advancement.
• Assist underwriters with phone traffic and message taking
• Accurately and promptly enter new and renewal Surety business into company internal systems
• Assist with preparation of monthly business activity reports as well as other related duties
• Create and manage Surety bond files
• Support the Underwriters by reviewing submissions and managing additional data requests
• Prepare bond files and invoice brokers for premium. Follow up for file completion information.
• Prepare job status forms and send to project Owners as directed by underwriters
• Manage Power of Attorney Files as directed by Senior Management
• Assist with broker/agent appointments and licensing
• Follow up with brokers on missing underwriting information as directed by underwriters
• Participate on special assignments as directed
• Assist with collection of receivables due from brokers
• Maintain attendance schedule for the Surety Department
• General office work such as filing, photocopying, scanning and faxing
• Assist with roll out of all office and underwriting systems as needed.
• 2 or more years of progressive experience with a Surety or insurance carrier
• Proficient in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
• Excellent communication skills and an independent work style
• Strong organizational skills are required
• Willingness to work outside of traditional job description; desire to learn/advance
• Familiarity with surety company booking/billing and analysis systems
Fairfax is a holding company which, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in property and casualty insurance and reinsurance and investment management.
About Allied World
Allied World, through its subsidiaries and brand known as Allied World, is a global provider of innovative property, casualty and specialty insurance and reinsurance solutions. Allied World offers superior client service through a global network of offices and branches. All of Allied World's rated insurance and reinsurance subsidiaries are rated A by A.M. Best Company, A by Standard & Poor's, and A2 by Moody's, and our Lloyd's Syndicate 2232 is rated A by Standard & Poor's and AA- by Fitch.
Our generous benefits package includes: Health and Dental Insurance, 401k plan, and Group Term Life Insurance. Allied World Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to
an individual's race, color, national origin, religion or belief, sex, age, genetic information,
marital or civil partnership status, family status,
sexual orientation, gender identity, or their protected veteran or disability status.
Please visit www.awac.com for further information on Allied World.
Allied World Assurance Company Holdings, AG, through its subsidiaries and brand known as Allied World, is a global provider of innovative property, casualty and specialty insurance and reinsurance solutions. Allied World takes a cutting edge approach to crafting products and services that meet the diverse requirements of our clients and enable us to respond to local needs. This strategy has contributed to our success, allowing us to be entrepreneurial yet financially secure. With 20 offices servicing clients throughout the world we are building a truly global branch network.