American Financial Group, Inc
Posted Date 3 weeks ago(4/24/2018 7:42 AM)
Job ID 23401
# Positions 1
Position Type Full Time
Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Groups member companies are subsidiaries of American Financial Group, a Fortune 500 company. We combine a small company culture where your ideas will be heard with big company expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty property and casualty operations and a variety of financial services, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
Great American Insurance Group has been an innovative leader in the crop insurance industry since it issued its first crop policy in 1925. Our Crop Insurance Division provides the tools you need in the form of specialized crop insurance coverages, which can insure your revenue stream even if elements outside your control go awry. That means even in the face of a worst-case scenario you will have the guaranteed income you need to keep your operation functioning properly.
Our Crop division is looking for an Underwriting Analyst Manager in our Fargo, ND office.
* Oversees employees in functions of the team / unit / department.
* Has accountability for the administration and monitoring underwriting rules and guidelines, rating manual rules and insurance laws and regulations. Supervises the review, documentation and / or underwriting of new and renewal policy transactions.
* Oversees the audit and entry of policy information on an assigned product, territory and / or agency in accordance with template rules.
* May oversee the review of premium and loss data on accounts, as part of renewal process or mid-term underwriting.
* May have accountability for the review of electronic insurance applications. Ensures that specific screening criteria is followed to accept and approve applications and that basic underwriting requirements are reviewed. Ensures applications are referred to underwriting for further analysis as needed.
* Ensures paperwork and / or applications are reviewed for signatures, dates and other considerations to ensure that coverage may be issued. Oversees verification of coverage limits, performing necessary calculations and completing other checks before processing policies.
* Ensures rejection / denial of risk is communicated when deemed appropriate and when not handled by automated means.
* Ensures that staff order, review and take appropriate action on required reports, endorsement requests, service requests and general correspondence.
* Has responsibility for monitoring entry / processing to ensure data integrity and to avoid potential systemic issues.
* Oversees the analysis of rejected accounts and, if appropriate, processes individual risk pricing outside of template guidelines for new business submissions and renewals.
* Ensures effective communication with agents, brokers and customers to obtain information needed to process policies and address issues.
* Ensures quality and timeliness of work compared to regulatory agencies and / or company standards / procedures.
* May participate in company audits of agencies and brokerages to assure retained documents reflect application information provided.
* Oversees other departmental processes / projects, such as changes / enhancements to forms and screens, user acceptance testing for systems and policies, and reviewing impact to current policies / practices.
* May oversee agent training including electronic applications.
* Has responsibility for the performance, development and coaching of staff (hiring, firing, performance management, pay increases, etc.). Provides training for new members to the team / unit.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience.
Field of Study: Liberal Arts, Business or a related discipline.
Experience: 5 or more years of years of related experience, including prior supervisory experience. May be in the process of obtaining or may have already completed certification in area of expertise; appropriate certifications could include Associate in Underwriting (AU), Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC), Program in General Insurance (INS) or Associate of Risk Management (ARM).
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
American Financial Group, Inc
Website : http://www.afginc.com
AFG is engaged primarily in property and casualty insurance ("P&C"), focusing on specialized commercial products for businesses, and in the sale of traditional fixed and fixed-indexed annuities. AFG's purpose is to enable individuals and businesses to manage financial risk using insurance products and services tailored to meet their specific and ever-changing risk exposures. AFG's strategy is to allocate capital to insurance operations which management believes offer a competitive advantage or unique opportunities.