Sr. Underwriting Assistant
As an UWC Underwriting Associate you will contribute to the achievements of the Western Underwriting Center's goals as well as corporate goals related to retention, service and producer/client management. The Underwriting Associate will be responsible for supporting the underwriter as part of the renewal process for Financial Institution accounts with premium of $100,000 and over.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Developing information and recommendations for discussion with the underwriter
• Analyzing account specific information including but not limited to: updating risk analysis, evaluating and documenting loss information and trends, review of loss control reports and outstanding recommendations, preparing authority referrals for discussion with the underwriter, and reviewing account rounding opportunities
• Coordinating the renewal process with the processing centers which includes completion of RIS, ECRD and BIW worksheets. Provide instructions for accurate initial rating and book/issuance of policies.
• Responsible for maintaining complete electronic file integrity for the renewal of each account, including compliance related forms, coverage and final premiums by line of coverage.
This position has dual accountability reporting to Operations and Underwriting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Able to appropriately balance changing priorities based upon underwriting needs
• Demonstrates proficiency in reviewing and applying on-line reference manuals, SBU specific guidelines, and line specific requirements for all property and casualty business
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites as well as other business related software
Education and Experience:
• Minimum of high school degree or equivalent
• Previous Underwriting experience highly preferred
- Financial Institution experience is desired
At Chubb we are totally committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job without regard to race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or other perceived differences that do not relate to ability, performance and contribution at work. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process or upon hire, please inform your Chubb Recruiter.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories are not automatically disqualified from employment. Factors such as job-relatedness of the conviction, age and time of occurrence, and the seriousness and nature of the circumstances will be considered.
Sr. Underwriting Assistant