The Bond and Specialty Insurance division of Travelers is seeking to add an experienced Account Executive (Underwriter) to our Financial Institutions Property & Casualty team. This is an opportunity to join a successful, dedicated, and collaborative team of underwriters in a highly visible and challenging role. Account Executives (Underwriters) have the opportunity to build a unique and rewarding career at an Industry leader within a highly specialized niche of the Insurance Industry.
Underwriting in the Financial Institutions Property & Casualty organization is a dynamic blend of the following:
• Risk assessment: gather and analyze pertinent information in order to evaluate the acceptability of business risk within assigned book of business
• Marketing: build and maintain relationships with agents, brokers, and insured clients to help achieve business goals
• New business development and retention: sell to, negotiate with, and influence agents and brokers to manage a profitable book of business
Utilizing Travelers’ extensive amount of resources and tools, a Financial Institutions Account Executive (Underwriter) will immediately have the opportunity to make an impact and will:
• Manage a high quality, diverse, and complex customer base across multiple financial services industries
• Partner with other high performing underwriters, senior leadership, and other internal organizations (e.g. Claim, Risk Control) to execute business unit underwriting strategy
• Design, develop, and implement a broker/agency sales and marketing plan specific to assigned territory
• Leverage Industry leading product expertise and data analytics to identify new business opportunities
• Benefit from cross sell opportunities and established relationships within other Travelers’ business units
• Develop personally and professionally through experiences, coaching, active management support, and a wide variety of career development resources
• Experience Travelers’ unique culture which is collaborative, supportive, and values the need to balance work and life
• The Financial Institutions Property & Casualty business unit provides financial protection to community banks, credit unions, insurance companies, investment advisors and large depository and non-depository institutions.
• Products include Property, General Liability, Auto, Workers Compensation, Umbrella and other specialized coverages specific to financial institutions.
• Underwriters in this segment specialize in a variety of financial service sectors and actively participate in industry associations.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge:
3-6 years of underwriting experience preferred. Bachelor degree preferred. Industry Knowledge: Understands the local insurance marketplace, industry business operations, critical issues and financial drivers that affect the BU, region and local office. Is able to apply that understanding to the sales plan, pricing strategy and underwriting strategy. Continuously seeks out market insight from others and uses acquired knowledge to assist less experienced employees. Product Knowledge: Knowledge of BU products/coverages and pricing and the linkages to strategy and can easily explain them to others. Understands organizational and regulatory rules, policies and procedures and effectively employs that knowledge in day-to-day work.
Operates standard office equipment. Requires extended periods of computer use. Requires extended periods of sitting.
A minimum of 2 years of underwriting experience is required. A current/valid drivers license is required.
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Licensing or Certificates:
A current/valid drivers license is required.
Alpharetta - Georgia - United States
Orlando - Florida - United States, St. Paul - Minnesota - United States, Tampa - Florida - United States
We are committed to valuing the diversity that exists among our workforce, our business partners, our customers and our communities. With respect to our workforce, we are committed to not only increasing diversity in our hiring at all levels but also fostering an inclusive environment where all employees, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status or condition protected by law, can develop and thrive.