Networking and Premium Apply
Continue to Apply Online
Jobs In Private Business Loan Underwr...
| Jobs In Private Busine...
| Jobs In Private B...
At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our 9 major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Wells Fargo Small Business Administration Lending (WFSBA) is seeking an energetic, experienced underwriting professional with proven credit skills and the ability to communicate effectively for the position of Private/Business Loan Underwriter 4 (Construction Loan Manager) located in our Phoenix, Arizona; San Francisco or San Jose, California location. SBA Lending is part of the Business Banking Group within Wholesale Banking.
This individual will be part of our Construction Loan Underwriting Team within WFSBA. As a whole, WFSBA is responsible for the production, management and servicing of a $10B portfolio of government guaranteed SBA 7(A) loans, 504 real estate loans, City, State, & Mezzanine Financed Loan Programs.
* Reviews the feasibility and manages the evaluation of small business commercial real estate construction loans offered by Wells Fargo SBA Lending
* Analyzes construction project budgets, collateral valuation and contractor information
* Timely identification and documentation of adverse & key construction risk
* Manages ongoing portfolio of projects during disbursement period, including periodic review of borrower's financial statements
* Reviews and coordinates documentation between borrower, contractor, certified development companies, construction consultants, mezzanine financing agents and bank loan closing officers
* Manages the customer experience from the time of credit application until project completion has occurred and permanent financing is put in place
* Maintenance of division’s credit policies and compliance requirements
* Makes sound/correct construction underwriting recommendations
* Customer-facing contact
* Being the subject matter expert in the industry
* Mentors or reviews analysis of less experienced underwriters
/Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements./
* 6 years of experience in one or a combination of the following: underwriting, financial analysis or deal structuring in financial services, private banking, corporate/investment banking, or capital markets
* 4 years of commercial underwriting experience
* Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
* Commercial loan experience
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
* Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
* Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
* Strong commercial credit analysis skills
* Knowledge and understanding of construction and construction lending
* A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or economics
* Knowledge and understanding of CRM, Small Business Administration products, or Credit Origination systems
* Knowledge and understanding of Sales Force system
* Knowledge and understanding of Athena (A /Athena) contact management system or BLAST (Business Lending and Sales Tracking) system
* Knowledge and understanding of Small Business Administration (SBA) Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Policies
* Leadership experience
How to Express Interest in This Job: Wells Fargo invites you to apply for this job at https://employment.wellsfargo.com/psp...
Search For Jobs Near Phoenix Az 85067 Usa
Website : https://www.wellsfargo.com/
Wells Fargo & Company provides retail, commercial, and corporate banking services to individuals, businesses, and institutions. The companys Community Banking segment offers checking and market rate accounts, savings and time deposits, individual retirement accounts, and remittances; and lines of credit, auto floor plan lines, equity lines and loans, equipment and transportation loans, education and residential mortgage loans, and credit and debit cards. This segment also provides equipment leases, real estate and other commercial financing, small business administration financing, venture capital financing, cash management, payroll services, retirement plans, health savings accounts, and merchant payment processing and private label financing solutions, as well as purchases retail installment contracts. Its Wholesale Banking segment offers commercial loans and lines of credit, letters of credit, asset-based lending, equipment leasing, international trade facilities, trade financing, collection, foreign exchange, treasury management, investment management, institutional fixed-income sales, interest rate, commodity and equity risk management, insurance, corporate trust fiduciary and agency, and investment banking services, as well as online/electronic products. This segment also provides construction, and land acquisition and development loans; secured and unsecured lines of credit; interim financing arrangements; rehabilitation loans; affordable housing loans and letters of credit; loans for securitization; commercial real estate loan servicing; and real estate and mortgage brokerage services. The companys Wealth, Brokerage, and Retirement segment offers financial advisory, wealth management, brokerage, retirement, trust, and reinsurance services. As of March 7, 2014, it operated through 9,000 locations and 12,000 ATMs, and offices in 36 countries, as well as through wellsfargo.com. The Company was founded in 1852 and is headquartered in San Francisco, California.